Latest Archived Travel Posts

March 13, 2012

We woke up in our ridiculous Encore suite, ate lunch at Gilley's, checked out of the hotel, and then drove back to Salt Lake City.

March 12, 2012

After checking out at the New York-New York, we ate breakfast at a nearby Blueberry Hill restaurant, and then drove to the Wynn to, hopefully, check in early at the Encore. We got a 59th floor panoramic suite that overlooked the Strip. The view was amazing and the suite was amazing!

Read more…

311 Day Weekend - Night Two

We spent some time at the Monte Carlo pool during the day. In the evening, just like last night, we walked over to the MGM Grand where I got in line to get into the concert.

Read more…

311 Day Weekend - Night One

We walked up and down the Strip during the day. In the evening, we walked over to the MGM Grand where I got in line to get into the concert. I got in just after the doors opened, which was too early, but was much easier to deal with than the ridiculous crowds I encountered last time.

Read more…

March 9, 2012

We got a fairly early start, given that Mindy had to work today. The drive was relaxing and we made pretty good time. Once we checked into the New York-New York, we took a walk to the MGM Grand and had some drinks.

We also saw Spring Cup Champion Tony Stewart at the MGM Grand, where he was taking part in a celebrity poker tournament. He would go on to win the race that took place in Las Vegas this weekend.

August 28, 2011

We drove back through the park one last time, and then back to real life back in Salt Lake City.

August 27, 2011

We woke up very early to get sunrise photos of Mount Moran from the Oxbow Bend Turnout. I didn't think the sunrise ended up being as spectacular as it could've been, but we each ended up with a few awesome photos.

Read more…

August 26, 2011

We drove up to the Tetons, set up camp at Signal Mountain Campground, ate dinner at the Gun Barrel Steakhouse, and then drove up to the top of Signal Mountain to watch the sun set behind the Tetons.


On account of our the tail light snafu from the night earlier, we woke up very early in our overpriced La Quinta room because Mindy and I had to get back to Salt Lake for work. Despite getting only a few hours of sleep, I was able to make the drive safely back to Salt Lake.


We started the day by driving to Mesa Verde National Park to explore some of the Native American ruins.

Read more…